This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konsole scrollback limited? [SOLVED]

When I enter a command that returns many many lines of information, such as dpkg -l , I can't seem to scroll back up to read all of the output. How can i fix this?
    System Information<br />Distro: Ubuntu 11.04<br />KDE: Platform Version 4.6.2<br />Grub: 0.97-29ubuntu61.1 GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)<br /><br />PC Hardware:<br />laptop HP Pavilion dv6<br />CPU: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor<br />GPU: ATI Technologies Inc M880G [Mobility Radeon HD 4200]

Re: Konsole scrollback limited?

you can pipe the output of a command such as dpkg -l that has extensive output threw "less" or "more" and page threw the output ............so
    Code:
    dpkg -l | less
    will give you just what the screen will hold then you can scroll through the rest with the down arrow (1 line at a time)or page down (screen full at a time) 8)

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Also you can edit Konsole's settings:
      Settings
      Configure Current Profile
      Scrollback

Note that as konsole supports multiple profiles, you can have many custom setups in terms of look and options

Comment

thanks
        Code:
        dpkg -l | less
        worked great.
        System Information<br />Distro: Ubuntu 11.04<br />KDE: Platform Version 4.6.2<br />Grub: 0.97-29ubuntu61.1 GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version)<br /><br />PC Hardware:<br />laptop HP Pavilion dv6<br />CPU: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor<br />GPU: ATI Technologies Inc M880G [Mobility Radeon HD 4200]

Comment

Working...
        X