• Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid Newbie Question

rekonq, thunderbird mail/news, firefox web browser, kate

Comment

Originally posted by rwhubert
      rekonq, thunderbird mail/news, firefox web browser, kate
      In that configuration, rekonq is your system's default browser. I'm not sure why Thunderbird wouldn't have started it automatically, so that's a bit weird.

If you want Firefox to be your default browser for everything, change the preference order so that Firefox is at the top. That's what I've done.

Comment

Okay, I've got it now, thanks. Kubuntu has been a bit of a learning curve, coming over from Windows Vista. But I must say that despite these minor annoyances, I like Kubuntu much better than Vista. No more dreaded Service Packs!

Comment

Originally posted by ardvark71
          Hi...

Also, it's not a stupid question! I ran into the same problem a while back using Opera and had to ask the same question.

Regards...
          Well said Ardvark; just wanted to ad my .5 cent worth on this.

I have found that there are not 'stupid' questions when learning. I am just switching over to KDE on my new install and I know I will find answers here. Please just state your problem or issue that's the way I do it and these folks help a lot.
          Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

Working...
          X