This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Kubuntu 6.06 I 386 iso

Well l have an old P2 that has been given to me and I was directed to Kubuntu. As the old P2 has been given a password by its previous owner ( a family friend) and no-one knows what the pawword is as this family friend has passed away. I have told that Kubuntu would br perfect for this system.

I have tried loading from Disk and it first seems to install and start to work then it just stops and there is nothing on the screen. l am a newbie for sure, have a little knowledge about systems but thats it. Would love to get this little baby going for one of my sons.

Thanks in advance for any help that comes my way!!

Re: Installing Kubuntu 6.06 I 386 iso

Are you using a disk u downloaded yourself ? Maybe there is an error on it - happens quite often. In this case you could order a original CD for free so.

Comment

Thanks for your help on this topic!
      Yes, it is a copy to which was dowloaded and burnt to DVD, Where would l able to obtain a copy of 6.06 l 386 from?

Comment

You can get free CDs from the Ship-It link on the Kubuntu website.

https://shipit.kubuntu.org/

You need to register, but you can then request CDs to be posted to you.
        They take a little while, a minimum of two weeks in my experience, but they are free and error free.
        "Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up."  James Magary

Comment

When you get your Disk try this How-to. You'll be up and running in no time!!

http://www.linuxloader.com/modules.p...howpage&pid=28

PDR60

Comment

Working...
          X