This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble logging out of Forum

I'm not sure why but for some reason I am not able to log out of the Forum via the Home Page log out ; I used to be able to but when I try now it says "An Error has Occurred, try logging out and then back in again" which of course I do and get the same message. is there something I can do in the terminal to fix this. I am using Ubuntu 11.04 and FireFox to access the site at this time but wanted to switch over to Kubuntu and FireFox to log in today.

[Solved] I cleared my history and came back and was logged out; not sure what was going on but it is solved now.
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Re: Trouble logging out of Forum

When you experience this problem, it's *always* a cookies issue. Usually, you will find that more than one set of cookies for kubuntuforums were established. Clearing your cache cookies fixes the problem.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog; that explains why clearing the history fixed it; I just keep on a-learning
      Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

I've always had this problem of not being able to log out of this forum and the only was was to clear the cache/cookies.

I know this is unacceptable, but I'm the only one who uses my profile on this computer so it's not a big deal. But it could be if you share the computer. Perhaps we need to report this to the maintainers of this site.

Comment

Working...
        X