This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 11.04 widget to show running apps

When I installed kubuntu there was a nice widget that, when I hit the "Show the desktop" icon on the panel, showed all my running apps within that small widget. Otherwise the apps would all minimize as they should. The widget looked remarkably similar to the Folder View widget but instead of folders, showed my apps. I somehow disabled it and can't figure out how to re-enable it.

Also I have two kubuntu installs, one pure kubuntu 11.04 and one was ubuntu 11.04 then the abomination known as Unity caused me to install KDE 4.6 on top of it (since upgraded to 4.7 on both systems). I don't recall if it was the hybrid system or the pure system that had this widge.

Does anyone know how to get this back? I tried folder view, but it really is just that, a folder view. I want that default widget back that showed running apps instead of folder view. I can't find it for the life of me.
    Can anyone help?

Re: kubuntu 11.04 widget to show running apps

Well, what you are describing, and how it worked, doesn't sound anything like the widgets available within Kubuntu 11.04, KDE 4.7 (or 4.6.x), so it may well be that it was something from Ubuntu.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: kubuntu 11.04 widget to show running apps

The window list widget (included in 'plasma-desktop' package) will show running apps on a popup menu when clicked, but to my recollection it lacks the "show desktop" functionality you described.

Comment

Working...
      X