This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird File Protocol Associations

Hi, Ubuntu user of 3 years JUST converting to Kubuntu 11.04x64 on a Sandy Bridge laptop.

Installed Thunderbird and it's working well. Tools|Add-ons then "Browse All Add-ons" link (or any link within the Add-ons popup) brings up the "Launch Application" popup. Why isn't my default browser (Google Chrome) starting up? I thought I'd try to get the "Launch Application" pop up to start Firefox but it only shows the "Mozilla Firefox" directory and doesn't start anything up. I'm very confused.

I can see how to associate file types with applications (.html for instance) but it seems this is to do with https://.

Please advise.

Craig

Re: Thunderbird File Protocol Associations

Menu --> Settings --> System Settings has "Default Application" where you can set your preferred applications.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Thunderbird File Protocol Associations

Is that in Thunderbird or Kubuntu cos neither of them start at Menu or Settings. It it's the Kubuntu KickOff-->System Settings-->File Associations or Default Applications, I don't know how it would be set there. It's just a link to the Mozilla Add On page. In Ubuntu it opens up your browser, in Kubuntu it starts the Applicaiton Launcher but even that doesn't allow you to pick an application. I have it with a couple of folders showing in it that I can't get rid of.

Comment

Working...
      X