Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED-Enter the Current VirtualBox Version number in the form 9.9.9 (See our we

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED-Enter the Current VirtualBox Version number in the form 9.9.9 (See our we

I installed VirtualBox 4.1.0 in my Kubuntu Natty 64bit Host. VB works OK, however, there are some configuration changes I need to make and need help.

I attempted to register in the virtualbox forums, but an error shows in one of the entries which I am unable to correct. "Enter the Current VirtualBox Version number in the form 9.9.9 (See our website for the latest Product Release Announcement)".

I went to the website as suggested and found the latest release to be the one I installed, Virtualbox 4.1.0 for Linux distributions. I cannot find any more recent downloadable version of VirtualBox, so I suspect I do not understand the terminology.

I have tried the following in the space provided:

Virtualbox 4.1.0

I apologize for making this request in the Kubuntu Forum, however, to get any help from the VirtualBox forum, I have to be registered, and this information is required to register. Additionally, a google search didn't seem to help. Thanks!

System and software info, if you need it:

AMD Quad Core Phenom Black Edition 2300mhz Processor
    4gb AXIOM DDR2 ECC SDRAM 667mhz
    EVGA GTX460 1gb GDDR5
    DVDRW X2
    500gb SATA II
    TB SATA II
    ViewSonic HDMI 1080p Full HD 27"
    ACER 22"
    Kubuntu Natty 64bit
    VirtualBox 4.1.0

Re: Enter the Current VirtualBox Version number in the form 9.9.9 (See our website f

entering 4.1.0 worked for me, so you may have to find a contact info link over there to see if they can help.

Comment

Re: Enter the Current VirtualBox Version number in the form 9.9.9 (See our website f

Originally posted by claydoh
      entering 4.1.0 worked for me, so you may have to find a contact info link over there to see if they can help.
      What is a contact info link? Where might I find one? Will I be communicating with a VirtualBox forum representative when I do. Is the Cloydoh post in the Kubuntu Forum or Virtualbox forum? If it is in the Virtualbox forum, I am unable to contact them until I solve this problem. Additionally, I just did a search in the search box above and it did not reveal any results.

Searching it in Google did not bear any result either. Your suggestion is new territory for me; sounds like something I need to know. If I am being dense, please forgive me and nudge me in the right direction. Thanks!

Comment

I don't know if this is any help for you, but 4.1.0 worked for me too. But I had to try it three times. The first two times I got the same message you got. Third time, with exactly the same input, it worked.

Comment

I am suggesting finding a 'contact us' link or email address , or mailing list [i] at the Virtualbox website itself[/i[] to send the Virtualbox folks info about your problem if you can't register on their forums.

Comment

This is just a shot in the dark but perhaps it may have something to do with 4.1.2 being released on the 15th August. Perhaps their systems were in the process of updating version numbers at the time?

Regards .....
            Kubuntu User #9802
            Linux Registered User #357086

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
              Thanks!

Comment

Re: SOLVED-Enter the Current VirtualBox Version number in the form 9.9.9 (See our we

Thanks all. The solution was to enter 4.1.2.

Comment

Working...
                X