This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexmark Printer Driver

I have just upgraded my machine to Kubuntu as I am sick of Windows, need I say more. My problem is I have a Lexmark x4270 Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier. I have NO knowledge of programming so I cannot write my own driver. I need a driver for this unit so is there a helpful sole out there that can either write me a driver or point me in the direction on finding one. I have tried the Lexmark site to no avail.

Re: Lexmark Printer Driver

The first place to look for anything involving printing in Linux is LinuxPrinting.org. I'm sorry to say that I looked up the Lexmark x4270 and found this page of bad news. Apparently, that machine is an el-cheapo "winprinter" with virtually no internal electronics so that it can only run with drivers provided by Lexmark to certain favored operating system manufacturers. Such devices wind up classified as Paperweights by the LP.o people.

Comment

Re: Lexmark Printer Driver

Sorry, Melinda. I had a lexmark x83 that I could not use with linux because a suitable driver didn't exist. And I don't know how to write a driver, either. I feel your pain...

john

Comment

Working...
      X