This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingerprint software recognition of hardware

I have installed Kubuntu 11.04- 64bit under WUBI on HP Laptop Pavilion dv6.

I have installed fingerprint recognition software "fprint" from software channel and also software "fingerprint GUI" for fingerprint identification.

The device ID of the hardware I am using is 138a:0005 Digital Persona.

Fingerprint GUI shows "Digital Persona, Inc. (0x138a) unknown Device (0x5)" and does not let me proceed.

The other software, FPrint, I dont know how to open it in Kubuntu. The web pages available are showing the help for ubuntu which indicate that "After installation go to System > Preferences > Fingerprint GUI and enrol your fingerprints." However, Kubuntu doesnt have this path, (Under system, there is nothing like preferences) hence I can not open FPrint in Kubuntu.

If I simply type "Fprint" under search, it doesnt show any software like this. However, dpkg package manager shows fprintd as installed. Pl. help me solve this problem.

Thanks

Re: Fingerprint software recognition of hardware

After I posted the query, I figured out how to start fprint-demo. However, after starting fprint-demo, it still shows "No Devices Found". I am trying to figure out how to make the software identify the hardware. can any one help?
    thanks

Comment

Working...
    X