X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound and music problems

Hi everyone,

I installed Kubuntu Dapper about a week ago. It's a great distro and so far I have been able to fix most problems myself. However, this is one problem I have not been able to fix and have not heard of anyone with a similar problem.

After installation, computer was working fine. I tested an audio cd with amaroK, Kaffeine and KsCD without any problems. A few days later, I tried playing an AVI with Kaffeine. The seeker jumped along about 30 seconds every second. I did not see any picture or any sound. Now the same thing happens with mp3s and audio CD's in amaroK, Kaffeine, KsCD and all other media players that came with Kubuntu. All system sounds such as logging on/off etc. play fine.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the media player packages and upgrading the Xine codec.

Please help, I can't go much longer without music! :P

Thanks

Re: sound and music problems

Start reading here and be sure to read the Restricted Formats Page.

Comment

thanks

that fixes most problems, however, amarok still has no sound. it now plays mp3s and other music as if it is muted.

Comment

In Dapper, you should set Amarok to use the Xine engine, which means you should have the packages amarok-xine, libxine-extracodecs, and libxine-main1. Then in Amarok, click Settings>"Configure Amarok">Engine>SoundSystem>XineEngine. That SHOULD do it, but with sound

Comment

Working...
        X