Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Kubuntu 11.04 get the AUDIO drivers of my MB ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make Kubuntu 11.04 get the AUDIO drivers of my MB ?

Originally posted by esperado
    You had installed two dozen of Kubuntu ? Yo, I can understand where you got your grey hairs.

Actually, I got them running Windows, before I found Linux.

Apologize for my special sens of humor (and my poor English), GreyGeek, it is just to make-you smile, and thanks again for your so generous help (really).
    Wish the best for you. If some days you're in need for some help in PHP, Mysql, or Javascript, do not hesitate. (i'm easy to find on the WWW)
    As far as the offer for help goes ... I appreciate it, but I spent a large chunk of my life programming. My favorite tools were Qt4 & C++, with the PostgreSQL database as the back end. Wrote some PHP, toyed with MySQL but PostgreSQL blows it away, and wrote an entire web based application using Javascript and CSS. Worked OK, but it was a pain passing all those parameters just to maintain state. Oracle's APEX is even worse. IF you ever get an offer to program using that pile of dung RUN, don't walk, RUN to the nearest exit.

Sorry we couldn't have been more helpful.

Best to you as well. Don't be a stranger, drop by and visit us from time to time!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      Actually, I got them running Windows, before I found Linux.
      Let-us says we got white hairs running Windows (before XP), and installing Linux (after XP. ;-)
      For my part, it was Basic, C, Delphi (Pascal), etc..
      Agree about Oracle's APEX.
      My last baby, a site/forum about street-photography, not from scratch, but more than 60% re-write , running some Schizophrenic library too: Mootools and Jquery together, and this, no comment, Smarty :
      http://www.street-photo.fr
      And, before, a lot of windows programs or web tools (mostly freewares).

Be sure i'll be back from time to time (oh, noooo, not this guy again !), i hate to stay on a failure.

You where as helpful as possible, my case seems desperate.
      3 weeks in vain trying to install Kubuntu, I deserve a medal, don't-I ?
      Will wait (under the table) for the 11.10 to see what happens when you open the box.

Comment

Originally posted by esperado

You where as helpful as possible, my case seems desperate.
        3 weeks in vain trying to install Kubuntu, I deserve a medal, don't-I ?
        Indeed. "Mr. Perseverence 2011", perhaps.

Since it looks like support in *buntu's kernel is missing, for your ALC892, if you are in the mood for an experiment you might want to give aptosid a try. It is Debian (unstable branch) with KDE 4.x. It has excellent hardware detection, in my experience. No guarantees, of course.

http://aptosid.com/index.php?module=...display&sid=21

And by all means do give Kubuntu 11.10 a try. Matter of fact, if you're curious, you can get a daily build ISO here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/

Nice web site, by the way.

Comment

"Since it looks like support in *buntu's kernel is missing, for your ALC892"
          Oh, no, cause it was near to be Ok in Alsamixer. I just thought it was buggy.

Comment

Working...
          X