This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor Problems

Here recently, my monitor has shown lines as if it were scrolling, like the speed wasn't up high enough, but it just started and will not go away, even after reboots. I went into the monitor settings and I am not allowed to choose any other than 75mhz's. Even when loading windows it is doing the same. Is Kubuntu the problem? It has never done this with Windows.

Re: Monitor Problems

**bump**

Comment

Writing you own 'modeline's (kinda like drivers for windows, but easier) for xorg is no easy task for the uninitiated. If you are getting the same problem with windows (ASSUMING you have the right driver for your monitor and gfx card) then there is something amiss with the hardware. Try and borrow a monitor off of a friend for an hour or so to test.

You can generate your own modeline timing for you monitor at http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/
      Just fill in the x and y resolution and the refresh rate you want and click generate.
      If this is the path you want to go down post back here and I'll try to guide you through the rest of the xorg.conf setup.

(Weren't xfree86-config and the use of /sbin/iptables commands bread and butter to linux desktop users, or am I just getting old/deluded? Or is this a just a sign that the 'linux desktop' is spreading it's little webbed feet?)

Comment

I have no idea how to do what that webpage is telling me to do...o.0

Comment

Working...
        X