This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package Not Found - QApt Batch Installer

"The package "firefox-kde-support" has not been found among your software sources. Therefore, it cannot be installed."

I also get an error message trying to install synaptic with "sudo apt-get install synaptic".

The is from a fresh wubi install of Kubuntu.

Re: Package Not Found - QApt Batch Installer

You probably need to open up the repository listing in Synaptic and check some repository boxes to activate them.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      You probably need to open up the repository listing in Synaptic and check some repository boxes to activate them.
      I didn't get an error message , but I wonder if this wubi kubuntu installation failed. When running from the Live CD I could click on the "install firefox" menu item and it worked.

Also, typing "synaptic" at the terminal doesn't work. And I don't see Synaptic on the Applications menu.

tfd@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install synaptic
      [sudo] password for tfd:
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Package synaptic is not available, but is referred to by another package.
      This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
      is only available from another source

E: Package 'synaptic' has no installation candidate

Comment

Well things are being installed now, including Firefox.

I had to open up the Software Management application and do Software Updates->Check for new Updates. And then it did a lot of stuff and finally software shows up in the Get and Remove Software section other than stuff that was already installed.

Weird that that wasn't done automatically since it seemed to have been from the Live CD install.

Comment

the livecd is not up-to-date, there will be updates after the cd image was finalized, and from my experience the updater will check for those, but sometimes it may take a while before it does so after a fresh install. It does check daily as well

Comment

Originally posted by TFD
            Well things are being installed now, including Firefox.

I had to open up the Software Management application and do Software Updates->Check for new Updates. And then it did a lot of stuff and finally software shows up in the Get and Remove Software section other than stuff that was already installed.

Weird that that wasn't done automatically since it seemed to have been from the Live CD install.
            KPackageKit is cranky about initially displaying packages. To get everything set up you need to open the "settings", edit software sources, and check the first four boxes on the "Kubuntu Software" tab. Then reload the repository. You also may want to visit the Medibuntu website and install some stuff.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X