X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel style

Hi,

Every time I boot into kubuntu, part of the main panel seems to change it's style(see attachment below, the dark part of the panel on the left)
    I can fix this problem by going into System Settings > Appearance > Style > Workspace and then applying a theme different than the current one(which is the default "Air") and then again reapplying the old one("Air" again). But I'd rather have the style being the same with ever boot. How can I do this?

Additional information:

KDE 4.4.5
    Kubuntu 10.04 lts
    CPU: Intel Core i3 350M
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    CPU(s): 4
    Thread(s) per core: 2
    Core(s) per socket: 2
    CPU socket(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 6
    Model: 37
    Stepping: 2
    CPU MHz: 933.000
    Virtualization: VT-x
    L1d cache: 32K
    L1i cache: 32K
    L2 cache: 256K
    L3 cache: 3072K
    GPU: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)

Thank you,

NTS64

Attached Files

Re: Panel style

That's not a style change, it's a busted panel and I used to get it all the time on my netbook. I think you'll find if you reduce the panel's width by just a hair the problem goes away, but that's not a fix.

I think if you right-click your panel and select "unlock widgets" then right-click it again and go to Panel Options --> Panel Settings and maximize the panel the problem will go away. I had to fiddle with mine a little to get it to work but what finally worked for me was left alignment and a maximized panel.

Hope this helps -
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Thanks. Had the same problem. Had already left aligned it, but not maximalized. Much better like this.

Comment

Yes, fiddling with the panel's size did the trick, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X