X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menubar Problems and not able to open links in evolution

Hello all ,

I have to other problems. Since a few days the menubar stopped showing the active programs. If I hide a window I'm not able to activate it anymore.
    Also opening links in Evolution or Kmail for that matter doesn't work, even after associating opening links with firefox.
    Does anyone know how to solve this?
    I found this post:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-79808.html

but it still doen't solve the problem on my system

Re: Menubar Problems and not able to open links in evolution

As to your 'missing' minimized running programs, right-click on the Panel. If you see Unlock Widgets, click on that then right-click on the Panel again and choose: Panel Options > Add Widgets...

In the search bar type: task

A single widget will show (Task Manager). Double-click on it to add it to your Panel. Any running applications you have will appear again.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The Task Manager appears to be missing. I get nothing when I type in task or taak (Dutch).
      Meanwhile I tried reloading Plasma bij doing :
      Code:
      -desktop:~$ kquitapp plasma-desktop
      Invalid D-BUS interface name 'org.kde.plasma-desktop.PlasmaApp' found while parsing introspection
      As per KDE userbase Wiki. I don't know what a D-Bus interface is.

Comment

Hello Primesteakduboeuf,

Snowhog here above poited you alreadyin de wright direction. There 's only a a small "ḧick-up"...: language.. As I'm also a user of the Dutch version of Kubuntu , the widget you're looking for is called "Takenbeheer"...
        Hope this helps...

Comment

Hello ManGo,

Thanks for replying. It was indeed a language hiccup. Found the widget and changed my system language to English to avoid confusion.
          Problem solved. Or at least the menubar problem. Opening links in Evolution still doesn't work though anyone run into the same problem?

Comment

Working...
          X