X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install drivers from CD?

Hi!

I'm new to kubuntu. Everything works ok but I want to install linux drivers that I got with my motherboard on CD ... (so I got all the features for audio and graphics...).
    Anybody knows how to do this?

cheers!

Re: How to install drivers from CD?

What format are these linux drivers in? Could you give a screenshot of the contents of the CD?
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Better yet, what mobo maker out there includes linux drivers?? We need to know so we can support them in the future!

Comment

sorry for not answering for a while ...
        finally I've managed to install the sound drivers, there was an automatic install file while I checked the folders a little closer... I'll wait with the graphics drivers as it seams quite risky from what I've read so far?!

The motherboard I'm using is the asus A8R-MX series

Comment

Your MoBo is an AMD64 Socket 939 rig with a lot of Bells and whistles (like SATA RAID and onboard Firewire and audio), but it doesn't seem to have onboard video (unless I misread). If your video card is also ATI, there are ATI drivers packaged for Kubuntu that you can install painlessly. Start Synaptic or Adept (if you must) and install the Linux-Restricted Modules package for your kernel and the FGLRX package. By the way, you should upgrade your kernel from AMD64 generic to AMD64-K8.

Comment

Working...
          X