Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[solved] Two issues ~ How do I switch back to KDE from gnome...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Two issues ~ How do I switch back to KDE from gnome...

Hello All,

Somehow I changed a setting and when I rebooted I got thrown into gnome instead of KDE. The last thing I remember messing with was "kmenuedit".

How do I switch back to KDE?

My other issue is how do I edit the menus once I am back in KDE? I would like to re-arrange some things.

Re: Two issues ~ How do I switch back to KDE from gnome...

Not sure what you mean by edit menus. What do you do want to edit? Because you can always right-click on kmenu, and edit stuff that way. But your first point is fairly simple: when you get to the login screen[be it KDM or GDM] go to the option that allows you to choose different desktop settings: select KDE, and thats it.
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Thanks Linkmaster. I had not noticed the drop down arrow on the login screen before. That makes things EASY!

I want to edit the menu(s) that pops up when you click on the "K". Does that make better sense?

Comment

Try right click on the "K"
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

right-click on the KMenu[the big ole respectable K] and hit 'edit applications'. You can change, add, remove, move, and in general have fun with the KMenu that way. Have fun!
          Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Thanks guys! That resolved my two issues.

Ya'll are awesome!

Comment

Glad we could help!

and be sure to append a [solved] to the topic title

Comment

ummmmm im not too bright so i will be very simple here...

at the "login screen"

down below.....NO NOT ON THE FLOOR UNDER THE DESK!!!

on the lower "taskbar thingy".... there will be several buttons click them and one of them will give you various options as to how to "boot"....KDE, Gnome, etc.

NOT ALL OF THEM WILL BE'''''''correctly''''''' labled.

it may take a couple of reboots....but one of them will give the option of which you are desirous.

ummmmm wish i could spell desirous smoke....duuuh

smoke

Comment

Working...
                X