This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command to show all windows at once? [SOLVED]

Somehow on my notebook, I move the mouse a certain way, then I can see all of the windows at once. How do I repeat this, I can't seem to figure out the exact method to do it when I want it to.

Re: Command to show all windows at once?

You are probably banging your mouse cursor into the upper left corner of the screen. It's supposed to show all open windows when you do that, although the behavior is only semi-repeatable on my desktop system -- it's pretty reliable on my netbook.

Comment

You might be using the 'netbook desktop' version of KDE. If so, try pushing your mouse into the upper right corner, and see if that reproduces what your talking about

EDIT:

Is it upper left or right? Because on my netbook it was upper right...I use the desktop now, and I changed a bunch of settings, so using the netbook doesn't model it all now, but I thought it was upper right. Either way, go with dibl's advice first, much more experienced then me
      Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

It is the upper left corner. If you slam the mouse cursor in the upper right corner, it just lights up the cashew, errr the plasma toolbox icon.

Comment

haha, 'cashew'

I simply forgot its been....6 months actually since I've used the netbook version :P I started using 10.10 about two days after it was released on kubuntu.org, didn't even know that it was two days old at the time, I was so green to Linux
          Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

OK, it's upper left corner. And the key to solving was to hold the mouse up there for 2 seconds, then it activates all the windows preview thing.

In the past when I would giggle the mouse to get it out of screen saver, when it would come to rest up in the upper left corner it would activate.

But just moving it up there and back does nothing. Has to stay there. Did this 5 times and all times it activated. Thanks for solving that mystery!

PS - Have the Netbook version on the netbook (10.10) and working great. Kubuntu folks did a great job with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK
              PS - Have the Netbook version on the netbook (10.10) and working great. Kubuntu folks did a great job with that.
              there is no longer a netbook version of kubuntu the plasma-netbook and plasma-desktop are both included in the same distro, you can change them in system settings->workspace behavor-> workspace.i've tried to use the netbook plasma many times on my netbook and keep using the desktop version with a few tweaks instead (small borders for windows, etc to save vertical space on the screen). you can change the corner that makes the present windows effect trigger in system settings-> workspace behavor->screen edges.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I didn't know about that! I assume it's the same for 11.04?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK
                  I didn't know about that! I assume it's the same for 11.04?
                  yes thats correct.
                  Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                  (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                  X