This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWAP to NTFS?

i screwed something while installing Kubuntu 6.06 64-bit edition and i choosed D partition to be swap partition.problem is that D is NTFS partition on Windows XP,and my father needs data on that partition and windows doesn't recognize it.
    with partition magic i can see that i haven't lost any data,so i just need to convert between swap and NTFS.
    how can i do it?please help me and forgive for my bad english.

Re: SWAP to NTFS?

huh? How can you convert NTFS to swap without losing any data? A screenshot of the Partition Magic window would be nice.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

man i chosed ntfs partition to be Swap partition for linux.
      and i now need to convert swap to ntfs,do you understand?
      can anyone help me or i'm gonna reinstall windows today?

Comment

Not sure this will work but if it dose not it will do no harm. Boot windows open the control panel open the Administrative Tools open Computer Management open Disk Management and if you are very lucky you may be able to remount the disk Right click the drive that windows is not seeing and view the options. There are other options but there are risks using the fixmbr from the windows recovery consul. If you intend to try this(or re-install windoz) I would first setup the HD as a slave in another windoz computer and backup the files first.

Hope this helps John

Comment

As long as you do not format, resize, write to it, etc, you may be able to save it. Another thing you could try is to run cfdisk. In a terminal enter

sudo cdfisk

Highlight the partition you want to change and from the menu at the bottom choose Type. A menu appears with the different file types available. I think you need type 07. Then write the changes.

john

Comment

Working...
          X