X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu crash

Hi,
    Since I have installed Kubuntu 11.04 I have many crashs especially when I try to open files (attachments of emails or file downloads of websites). Most times kubuntu entirely crashes. I only can press the energy button of my laptop for 3 seconds and boot afterwards again.
    Is this usual now? Or is somebody working on this problem?
    Regards Sigurd

Re: kubuntu crash

I have the 11.04 version on a desktop and on a laptop as well. On my hardware there are no problems whatsoever. I had the same symptoms as you describe in the past and it was due to a faulty hard drive. Try scanning your hard disk for errors. Random crashes are also a symptom of faulty power source.

Good luck.

Comment

If you have desktop effects turned on I suggest you try turning it off and see what happens.

Comment

Hi,
        That helps. But for what are the effects if i cannot use it unless crashes occur?
        Regards, Sigurd

Comment

Give us some other info...

What is your computer model?? hardware like ram graphic card and all that...

Throw some details of the crash...the window effects?? crash no responsive=

Thanks.

Comment

I echo the above, and would ask whether you have installed all the updates since the launch of 11.04.

Also, you should only have to hit the power button very, very rarely. Instead hold down the alt + Sysreq(printscreen) keys whilst slowly typing reisub to effect a soft reboot. Much better for your machine as it minimises the risk of filesystem damage.

Comment

Working...
            X