Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant configure webcam in Kubuntu 11.04 (solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant configure webcam in Kubuntu 11.04 (solved)

I have installed Kubuntu 11.04 for a while now but just realized that i cannot use my webcam in facebook.
    anybody has met that problem?? my laptop is Dell inspiron N5010.

Re: cant configure webcam in Kubuntu 11.04

i cannot use my webcam in facebook
    Can you use your webcam with any other application? Cheese? Skype? Is it a question of technique with Facebook? Have you seen e.g.
    Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

you can't chat on facebook with the webcam but you can post videos with your webcam. you just have to go to the persons page you want to leave a video for and click on the comment box and a link for video will pop up and you record. you have to use ichat or skype to actually live chat with your webcam.
    - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5111408AA8uaxy
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Try installing guvcview. It should pick up your web cam to see if all is OK with it. I use it on my laptop to verify it is working.

Comment

sorry for late reply. i test it in windows and the webcam works. mayb i miss sth. @MoonRise i havent installed it yet but i'll try to. thx so much e.o!

Comment

after installing guvcview i can take my picture from webcam but facebook still cannot access it. but anyway it helps. thx

Comment

Working...
          X