This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RESOLVED cannot open theme file /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/mintkde

This is not the same as the other similar posts. Notice last entry '/mintkde'.

After recent upgrade using Synaptic, the system stops at boot up with the following warning as above posted in the subject. I am left at a command line and have to login. Then I attempted 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' without success. Next I entered startx and the system opens.

The file or folder 'mintkde' does not exist in the themes file.

I tried ' sudo apt-get install mintkde', but it was not locatable.

I tried search in synaptic and it was not there.

I tried locating the file using the common solution referring to ethias in the forum postings, but I did not have the same menu options to get to desktop themes; additionally ethias was not among the themes found in my themes folder.Distributor ID: LinuxMint
    Description: Linux Mint 10 KDE 4.6.0
    Release: 10
    Codename: julia
    Motherboad: ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe Mempipe
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Box QuadCore 2300mhz
    4gb AXIOM ECC DDR2 SDRAM 667mhz
    DVDRW 16x SATA
    Western Digital 1tb SATA HDD
    Maxtor 500gb SATA HDD

Thanks for any help.

Re: cannot open theme file /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/mintkde

The reference to minkde is in the kdmrc file, located at /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc. Open the file 'as root' and locate the following line:
    Theme=/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/mintkde
    If you know what theme you are using, replace mintkde with the name of that theme. If you are unsure of what theme you re using, then just remove all after the = and save/close the file and do a shutdown/restart of your PC and log back in.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X