This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser warn on close Firefox doesn't warn me tabs open close

Firefox doesn't warn me when I close multiple tabs.
    I don't want Firefox to warn me when I close multiple tabs.
    Warn on close Firefox.
    Closing tabs on Firefox.

I've noticed that various distros have Firefox set to "warn on close" or "not warn on close" and that the whole option in "tools" is gone so I did some searching and found this answer at "Firefox Help". I provide the link below.

There are people who WANT warn on close and there are also those do do NOT, and here is the method to meet both situations.

**************** begin

One change in Firefox 4 is to by default stop Firefox displaying the warning message, but it can be turned back on by changing some preferences.

1. Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
    2. Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
    3. Locate the preference browser.tabs.warnOnClose, if its value is set to false, double-click on it to change its value to true
    4. Repeat this for these 3 preferences browser.warnOnQuit, browser.warnOnRestart and browser.showQuitWarning

*******************end

woodsmoke's comments:

a) The "location bar" is the big open bar at the top of the browser that shows "urls" and such. It is not the little "search box" to the top right.

b) I would recommend that one make a new tab or a new window to do the "about:config" so that one can go back and forth to get all of the items accomplished.

c) The method does, indeed, work.

Here is the link to the support page:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/789377

woodsmoke

Re: Browser warn on close Firefox doesn't warn me tabs open close

Yes, when I went over to FireFox 4 that was a big issue for me. Why they thought that should be off by default is beyond me and then not offer a Configuration option for that. I mean some probably would not like to go into the main configuration file to fool around with those settings. Anyway, good that you posted that as I'm sure others would like to know.

Comment

Working...
    X