This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my computer booting into ubuntu

For some reason my computer is booting into ubuntu and not Kubuntu. I was trying to get back the volume control and installed gnome-volume-control-applet then ran it from the alt-f2 window and after rebooting I boot into ubuntu. When it first starts it looks ok says loading Kubuntu just like it always has and then opens Ubuntu. I tried to sudo apt-gt install kubuntu-desktop but that did not work. I have been using Kubuntu for months now and really want my desktop back the way it was.

Please Help.

Thanks!!
    Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Re: Why is my computer booting into ubuntu

logout, choose your login name, before you enter your password, look down, you'll see a window saying "Ubuntu desktop" or something, click on that box, choose Kubuntu or KDE, and you're done.

I assume the app wou were downloading pulled the entire desktop with it.

Comment

Re: Why is my computer booting into ubuntu

You can also install kmix:

Code:
      sudo apt-get install kmix
      and uninstall gnome-desktop, gnome volume control, etc.

Hope that helps
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X