• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 11.04 slow with Intel graphics?

All:
    Any fixes yet for this bug?

Keith Lee

Re: Kubuntu 11.04 slow with Intel graphics?

Not all Intel GPU's suffer. Mine doesn't, and the only advanced desktop effect I don't have is Blur.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My Intel video chip:
      Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
      works great too! I run LL but just finished testing NN. Performance is great!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

All:
        I went ahead and reinstalled Kubuntu 11.04 with no desktop effects. Now, everything is great. I will have to wait for a patch in order to get the effects back again though.

Keith Lee

Comment

Hi Keith,

Snowhog above may have the answer. Had a similar problem with intel graphics on 11.04 and disabling the blur feature cured it. Go to System Settings > Desktop. Click on the All Effects and make sure the Blur feature is not ticked. If the All Effects tab is greyed out you'll need to tick Enable Desktop effects in the General tab first to access it.

Once the Blur feature is unchecked go back to the General tab and activate compositing. Should be ok now. If it doesn't work you can turn off the desktop effects by unticking the Enable Desktop effects in the General tab.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew:
            Yes, thank you. I discovered that "blur problem" yesterday and unchecked it. Everything works great now. I wonder that the "blur" selection does and when it will get fixed?

Keith Lee

Comment

Hi Keith,

when moving a window it goes transparent. I think the blur feature blurs the background under the window as it moves. Could well be wrong on that.

Glad to hear your problems resolved, can mark this one off as solved!

Andrew

Comment

I too was having a problem with my Intel graphics working properly with 11.04. Things were very slow with desktop affects turned on. As soon as I unselected Blur affect, all things now work find. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                X