This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Drive partion is not visioble in ubuntu

Hello Im a noob for this linux installation, I created a seperate partion of 77 GB (L for Kubuntu using the windows 7 Disk management. Downloaded the kubuntu and booted from my usb stick. But at the time of disk set up, the Drive view dosen't show as i see in windows, it shows some heck of crazy drive letters,, /dev/sda1,, /dev/sda2.. etc. Well i dint mind though, thought some bug with this kubuntu system and picked randomly the /dev/sda4 drive,, but my Whole windows OS got screwed up plus the datas in the system got deleted,,, I again reinstalled my Windows7 and some how recoved my formated data,,, took me 1 whole day. But i badly need this kubuntu to be installed in my system,, but i dont wanna repeat the same mistake i did before. Please help me how to Install the whole Kubuntu only in the dedicated drive that i have created with 77 GB space for that. please have a look on the attached file for your reference.
    Attached Files

Re: Windows Drive partion is not visible in ubuntu

I will never try installing Kubuntu, Even the Wubi sucks, it gives an error at the last saying:[img width=400 height=304]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1347/captureeh.jpg[/img] Guess Giving a try for Fedora is worth then all. Ubuntu don't even recognize my partion made in Windows.

Comment

Re: Windows Drive partion is not visioble in ubuntu

Woah dude, don't blame Kubuntu for this. You're hard drive is partitioned REALLY awkwardly. Plus, just as a note, to make it easier when installing any Linux: If you make a new partition using Windows, don't format as you did. Just shrink the partition you want to like you did, and leave it as Unallocated Space. Then, when you open up the Kubuntu installer via USB in your case, there will (most likely) be an option that says "Use largest continuous disk space...". Choose that and Kubuntu will take care of the rest.

OR, delete the partition you made for Kubuntu using Windows, and expand your Windows partition so that the computer was the way it was before you tried this. Then, start up the Kubuntu installer via USB or CD and one of the options you'll have when choosing where to install it will be " Install alongside other operating systems". Choose that, and drag the slider to the left until you reach 77GB for Kubuntu like you want.

Comment

Working...
      X