Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I restore default menu bar in Netbook version of 10.10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I restore default menu bar in Netbook version of 10.10?

On the netbook version of 10.10, how do I restore the ability to switch over to the widgets screen? At the top of the screen next to the menu was the search and launch bar. Then there was another button next to it that I could click, and it would "slide" over to the screen where all of my widgets are.

Right now the only way I can get back to the main menu is to close out all of the open applications.

Thanks!

Re: How to restore default menu bar in Netbook version of 10.10?

I have only recently installed Kubuntu 10.10 on an Asus Eee PC Netbook and I found that Alt+Tab switches between applications that have been launched. I have found that when I click on the right bar when it lists the number of applications running, it then shows applications spread out and this display takes forever to respond. Therefore I avoid clicking on this bar when is shows the number of applications.

In setting the top panel I unlocked it and added the Application Launcher widget to the panel and then locked it. I find the Application Launcher much faster to use than working through the icons on the Search and Launch window.

To the right of the Search and Launch I have Page One. On this page I right clicked in the window and changed the Desktop Settings Layout to "Desktop". This allowed me to add the quick launch widget to which I added frequently accessed applications.

I found it a little difficult to work out your problem but I hope that what I have given helps you get your Netbook working to your satisfaction.

Comment

Re: How to restore default menu bar in Netbook version of 10.10?

Thanks for the info. The source of my problem was that I accidentally unlocked the desktop panels, so then I was able to start moving and deleting things.

Since the install was new, decided to just reinstall, and upon first boot ensured that the panel stays locked!

Comment

Working...
      X