This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal mic not recognizing sound

I posted in the 10.10 hardware support, but recieved no luck in the thread, perhaps one of you that spend more time on this thread might know the answer/solution to my issue[other then using the dreaded Windows...]

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3116336.0

As an update to whats been posted in there, its the mic itself, and not just skype. I tried the google phone plugin, and the person I called couldn't hear me either, so I know my mic is not picking anything up, even when I yell.

Its a lenovo S10e, and I have lspci posted in the previous thread
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Re: Internal mic not recognizing sound

Open a console and type:
    Code:
    alsamixer
    Verify that the internal mic isn't muted, and that the volume isn't at zero.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I started up alsamixer, and saw that my mic[s?] were all muted and the volume all the way down, so I unmuted them and turned the volume up. I turned it up all the way, and could actually hear my finger rubbing the mic through my headphones. But calling people through skype/google-plugin still ended with them not hearing a word I say. And now, I have the constant sound of my fingers pattering at the board/hand rubbing where the mic is located.
      Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Have you tried all the possible source alternatives offered by Skype's drop-down combo box?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I had tried that at one point to begin with, but in my post in the 'hardware' support, dibl has attempted to help me out, and it might be better to close this thread/move it to the original one. If you don't mind taking a look at what he's posted, and my replies, they may help more with the problem solving process. Thanks for all help though

Comment

Working...
          X