X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"present window" does't work after update to 4.6.2

Hi there Folks,
    after lots of google and no information concerning my problem, I decided to ask you for help.
    I recently downloaded kubuntu 10.10 for my netbook (asus eeePC)which worked pretty fine for me. Well, KDE-homepage recommended to update to 4.6.2 which I did (unfortunately, I don't know the old version of kde). Now there's one annoying thing that occurs since the upgrade: When i use the alternative taskswitcher (not alt-tab, but the one on the top right that shows small versions of all opened windows so that you can choose one - I think the effect is called "present window" - a great effect in my eyes), all the windows are shown, but i cannot choose one, or more precisely, it takes about one or two minutes to maximize the chosen window. Until then, it won't react to anything I do while it shows the small windows. This happens in OpenGL-Mode, in Xrender everything works fine. But I need to use OpenGL, because Xrender doesn't support the "cover switch"-function (which i like a lot, too).
    So if anybody knows a solution, let me know please. Even a downgrade would be a solution, but I'm not sure how to do this either - well, I'm the new guy, so have mercy please :P

Cheers, Harry

grub: 0.97-29ubuntu60
    kubuntu is only os on this machine
    hardware i use:
    Asus eeePC with intel Atom and integrated intel graphics solution
    GPU info
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

I hope this is all the info need, I tried my best

Re: "present window" does't work after update to 4.6.2

Personally, I'd drop back to KDE 4.5.1, which is the "official" version for Kubuntu 10.10. Be patient, Kubuntu 11.04 is only weeks away.

Comment

Re: "present window" does't work after update to 4.6.2

Well thanks for your quick reply. I'll try to go back to 4.5.1, even though I don't know how to do it, but there should be plenty of information about that, I guess.
      Otherwise, I'll just disable that function and wait those two weeks - we'll see what happens then :P

Comment

Working...
      X