This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Firefox 4 & Rekonq don't play video

Something's happened! Firefox 3.16 worked absolutely fine. But Firefox 4, and now I've noticed Rekonq too can't play video's. Google Chrome works wonderfully?! I would change but I love Firefox and their download helper.

Any suggestions?

Re: Firefox 4 & Rekonq don't play video

The first thing you can do is run an update on your computer to see if you are fully updated. You may need to install an additional flash player, either be it from adobe, or from Linux distributors themselves. For example, you can install adobe flash from the website, or you can get it using KPackageKit and get Gnash, which is the GNU Flash player. See if those help out with anything.
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Re: Firefox 4 &amp; Rekonq don't play video

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the latest from Adobe. Then checked all the flash plugins through KPackageKit and found a few. I deleted 'Gnash SWF Viewer for KDE' and 'browser-plugin-gnash', and now both browsers are working perfectly. Obviously a conflict of sorts.

Comment

Re: Firefox 4 &amp; Rekonq don't play video

glad to see you have it working. can you edit the subject of your first post to include [SOLVED] so we know this issues is solved.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X