This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monitor Keeps Shutting Down When Idle

Thanks dibl; OK, I entered all that & got DPMS to disable again but the manual said that the settings would revert back to default after restart & they did. I also checked the Power Management settings to see if anything had changed there & they were still off so as to keep the monitor from turning off. rc.local in Kate still has xset -dpms on the last line I still need to try something else. Rgds.
    Dave

Comment

Is that something you can place in ~.kde/Autostart? Like:

#!/bin/bash
      sleep 1
      xset -dpms
      #end

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        Is that something you can place in ~.kde/Autostart? Like:

#!/bin/bash
        sleep 1
        xset -dpms
        #end
        I'll try anything but how do I go about doing it? I tried to place ~.kde/Autostart in Bash/Terminal & it wouldn't accept it.
        Dave

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for trying to help me w/this problem; I know it's a rather minor issue but, between it & the fact that I still can't view some .wmv files & I still need to get my printer/scanner to work, it's beginning to appear that I need the skills of a developer or programmer. This is the same problem I had w/Xandros several years ago except that Kubuntu works much better & I was kind of excited about having a reliable alternative to M/S Windows. Unfortunately, for me the sad reality is that Linux still requires more expertise than I have so I'm going back to Win 7. I hope someday this situation will change. Best wishes.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X