This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ubuntu/kubuntu

Hi there. I am planning on installing Kubuntu on my lap top and currently i have Ubuntu-based PinguyOS installed. I just wanted to make sure that it is perfectly fine to keep what I have and install Kubuntu so that I could have two OS on one laptop.
    Thanks

Re: ubuntu/kubuntu

Hello and welcome to KFN.

It's perfectly fine to install kubuntu alongside any other OS. You only choose to keep what you have in the install guide and partition your HD with the space needed - I prefer ~20 GB (I think 5 GB is the requirement). If you have windows on your machine - WuBi is a alternative, but I would recommend using a liveUSB/CD, because I have had some mixed results using wubi.

this tutorial is for installing ubuntu but it's more or less the same as Kubuntu mid page - allocate drive space - specify partitions ...

Hope that helps and enjoy Kubuntu.

B.R

Jonas
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Re: ubuntu/kubuntu

As long as you have sufficient HDD space, you can install multiple Linux OS's - I have three versions of Kubuntu on my laptop.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X