This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine1.3 reinstall

How do I completely and utterly remove anything and everything to do with wine (wine1.3, winetricks, etc) and reinstall? I borked something up and it's no longer functional. Don't have that much invested, so I just want to start over.

Re: wine1.3 reinstall

you can either use KPackageKit[or synaptic/whatever you may use] or Konsole to do so. Using KPK, you'll search up "wine" under the bar, and simply click 'remove' on everything that comes up thats installed on your system. I don't know how to use snyaptic very well, so I can't give as much advice, though it should be along the same lines. To do so from console, type in:
    Code:
     sudo apt-get purge "filename" "etc."
    Where "filename" is the name of the file you wish to utterally remove. If you wish to remove several at once, you put a space between them, hence the "etc." which stands for multiple files.
    Hope that helps you out some.
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Re: wine1.3 reinstall

There is an alternative to reinstalling wine, if you want a virgin installation.

within dolphin select view/show hidden files. rename the hidden folder .wine. (easiest is to give it a .old suffix)

Either from a terminal run wineconfig or hit kmenu and type wine in the search box. You then reconfigure it from scratch. You will need to reinstall any programs you want as everything is locked away in the folder you renamed. This includes winetricks. Once you are satisfied that there is nothing in the old folder that you will need (don't forget that any data relating to your windows programs is likely to be in there and may need copying over) then you can delete it

HTH

Comment

Working...
      X