This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Drivers

This has probably been answered loads of times, if so I'm sorry but there are too many posts to check through.

I am a newbie to both KBUNTU and LINUX in general. I've got the latest version of KUBUNTU, I'm trying to install ATI drivers, for my 9200 Mobility, and needless to say it's not going well, I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried just installing them but I get errors.

I searched around for solutions which all seemed to state that I need to set up/config my kernel. All good and well, but I don't even know where to get the Kernel source from of what exactly it is I'm looking for.

Someone please help, and remember Vanilla user, no clue

Re: Graphics Drivers

You don't have to do anything to your kernel. You just have to know which kernel you have and then install a module (with apt-get, synaptic, or adept)just like installing any other piece of software. All you have to do is follow these instructions https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI If you have any problems, we'll be glad to help.

Comment

Re: Graphics Drivers

Thanks for the help. they guide you put me to has helped me no end. Slowly i am gaining confidence with Linux

Comment

Working...
      X