This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless not connecting to my router

I can't seem to get my wireless to connect to my router. The card seems to be working(it finds lots of SSIDs). In Network Connections I have clicked on the Wireless tab and then clicked Add. Next to SSID I click Scan and then select my AP from the list. I then select WEP, enter my passphrase, and choose Connect Automatically. Then click OK, Apply.

The sys tray icon will then display "Setting Network Address" for a while, then a window will pop up "Secrets for MYSSID - KNetworkManager". I can re-enter the passphrase here but this window will pop back up again soon, it never connects. I know the router is working, and I am sure of my WEP passphrase settings. I have a couple of windows and android devices using this router.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: wireless not connecting to my router

If your router supports it, change to WPA/WPA2.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I need WEP to support some other ancient hardware I am using. But just for fun I switched to WPA to see if that would work, and it did. Then I switched back to WEP, and somehow it now works. It could be that I updated KDE, but I suspect that I incorrectly entered something wrong the first 20 times I tried.

Anyway I am now up and running thanks to your suggestion.

Comment

Is your SSID hidden? That was an issue for me.

Comment

Working...
        X