X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem using K3b to Rip CDs

[Split/moved by Global Moderator]

Reference: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2128#msg172128

Sorry to be replying to so old a topic, but I have the same problem and the solution mentioned doesn't work for me.
    The problem is, if I try to rip a CD to MP3 files, I get an error. K3b doesn't say what the error is exactly, just that there was an error.

Ripping to Ogg Vorbis, FLAC or Wav works fine. Running lame on the command line with the exact same parameters that K3b uses also works fine.
    So I don't know what the error is exactly. Does K3b keep error logs at all? if so, where? Or is there any way to make K3b tell me what the error message is?
    As I said, the solution mentioned here (and also elsewhere) doesn't work: none of the combinations of "Swap Byte Order" and "Write Wave Header" has any effect that I can see.

Re: Problem using K3b to Rip CDs

does it work if you put a cd in the drive and open dolphin and copy the mp3 folder off the cd. dolphin will rip to several formats all of them can be seen on the audio cd as folders containing the files . to configure it more use system settings ->multimedia and the mp3/ogg tabs as well as the cdripping tab has just about all the settings.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

You might try launching k3b from a terminal and also check your programs and plugins in K3B configure.

Please Read Me

Comment

allso check to see that you have "sox & transcode" instaled as well as lame .

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X