This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Solved> ATI Catalyst Control Center

This came with Kubuntu for my graphics card and my only issue is that I can't add a monitor. I tried going into the Administrator version in settings and it asked for a password. I used my normal user password and "admin" as well as blank none of them worked. I never actually set up a password for it so I don't know how it could require one.

Is there any default password I'm not thinking of or at least a way to reset it?

Thanks in advance!

Pyrodude
    Wielding Kubuntu 10.10 64 Bit<br />Amd Quad core powered<br />2GiB Kingston Hyper X workspace<br />1 TrB of HDDs 1/2 7200 RPM &#39;cudda 1/2 Xternal<br />ATI Radeon 4770 Sapphire 512 MgB W/Venom cooling <br />All on an ASUS M2N68-LM +

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center

You set up no password?

The user account you created during the install is your admin (sudo) account. You have to either be logged in as that user, or you can do it in a terminal
    Code:
    sudo -i -u <username>
    then type in the command you want to use:

Code:
    kdesudo amdcccle
    I think that is what will open the application

have you tried System Settings for monitor configuration?

Comment

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center

The code you gave me works perfectly!

I had already tried launching the manager without admin control, but, when i tried to select it a message popped up saying I had to be in the admin version of the program. When I had, every time I entered my password it was wrong.

Most Importantly!:

Thanks for the help. It's been made that much easier to switch to Kubuntu over Windows.
      Wielding Kubuntu 10.10 64 Bit<br />Amd Quad core powered<br />2GiB Kingston Hyper X workspace<br />1 TrB of HDDs 1/2 7200 RPM &#39;cudda 1/2 Xternal<br />ATI Radeon 4770 Sapphire 512 MgB W/Venom cooling <br />All on an ASUS M2N68-LM +

Comment

Working...
      X