X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: making Kubuntu functional

try running alsamixer from the CLI

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...g_the_channels
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by _Sophia
      This was the first thing I tried.

In alsamixer, my headphones are at 0 volume, but when I hit the up arrow, it won't increase the volume. I chose the headset through f6 and unmuted the two elements in there, but it made no difference. Also: when I mute headphones on the main page of alsamixer, it mutes my speakers as well. Can anyone help?
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ooops, thanks Mr. ThreePipe
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I'm pretty sure it isn't a Pulseaudio issue.
          Well ... maybe, but I'm not so sure.

With your headphone plugged in, open System Settings > Multimedia > Phonon (depending your KDE version it maybe slightly different). You want the "Music" device highlighted on the "Device Preference" list. Now what do you see in the right-hand panel? Can you highlight each device, then click on the "Test" button in the bottom right corner, and produce a sound?

Comment

I found through experience that it's just impossible to help someone who doesn't try what they are asked, or given any details on what is going on. I am not sure that Pulse Audio wouldn't help, either. Oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
              I'm pretty sure it isn't a Pulseaudio issue.
              Well ... maybe, but I'm not so sure.

With your headphone plugged in, open System Settings > Multimedia > Phonon (depending your KDE version it maybe slightly different). You want the "Music" device highlighted on the "Device Preference" list. Now what do you see in the right-hand panel? Can you highlight each device, then click on the "Test" button in the bottom right corner, and produce a sound?
              This works. My issue now is that headphones won't work with browser (I listen to a lot of music on Youtube when programming)

# also, sorry about slow reply, lots of life events ^_^

Comment

SOLVED

was kmix masterchannel issue @_@ and something else in hardware settings, the memory of which currently eludes me

Comment

Working...
                X