This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--- SOLVED --- Only colors allowed as desktop background

Hello. I'm new to Kubuntu and Linux. In the last few days I've been playing with different applications. One of them was KleanSweep. I believe I deleted something important with it. Everything else seems to be working fine, except that the desktop backgroud disappeared.
    I went back to desktop setting to set the image back and found that in the "Wallpaper Type" dropdown menu I get only the "Color" option.
    Does anyone know how to repair this?
    I'm using Kubuntu 10.10 KDE 4.5.1

Re: Only colors allowed as desktop background

Hi DMA

Would you give very precise information about how you actually got to the place with the drop down menu?

I mean like "right click on...' and then "...." or went to menu and then to... and then.."?

Not that I can help much but the MORE information that you give the experienced folks will expedite a resolution to the situation.

woodsmoke

Comment

You may want to add a new user in System Manager, login as this user, and see if that user can set up a background. If it can, then the problem is your user account, otherwise it is at the system level. Could you please try that and report? Thanks!

Comment

SOLVED. I found the problem. I reinstalled some of the Plasma Desktop components and all the options came back. THANKS BOTH OF YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES!!

Comment

Awesome! Could you please add SOLVED to the thread title? Thanks!

We hope you like Kubuntu and stick around!

Comment

Working...
          X