This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to access a school printer

That should read ipp://172.16.wx.yz:631 or possibly ipp://172.16.wx.yz:9100. Note the double slashes after ipp:.

Comment

Nah, I wasnt' hiding it. I totally forgot the last digits, so I put x's and y's in replacement :-X

But would I be able to do it from a LiveCD? Since those have wonderful override root privileges..

And thats how the numbers show up, the port is 9100. I should be able to connect it now, thanks for the help on the printer part..now only for the partition mess that I'm hoping may possibly work
      Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
        That should read ipp://172.16.wx.yz:631 or possibly ipp://172.16.wx.yz:9100. Note the double slashes after ipp:.
        Thanks for catching that, Detonate!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: How to access a school printer[solved]/condensing three partitions to one

I connected my friends computer[he wanted my software on his computer, I had to install ubuntu netbook since it was the only thing his computer would boot into. Not sure why it did that, probably a hardware issue]to the internet using the IP address I have, and it worked out well. So that was a success, and I thank you guys for that.

But do you know if my demented idea will have a chance of working? If so, will it be near zero, slim, perhaps, medium, high, or good to go? Since my previous friend's computer broke and the IT Dpt. decided to reinstall the software. He said he wanted me to reinstall what I put onto it. But, before I wipe the hard drive clean, I'm going to test my idea out, I'm just wanting some pointers to prevent something stupid. Like, should I do it from the konsole where I have 'sudo' powers, or dolphin file manager? If from console, should I just copy and paste the whole directory, and if so, what should the command look like? I don't know if the 'cp' command works with directory's or not.

I hope I'm not getting all annoyed about this point, but it is kind of bugging me in the sense that its a problem I'd like to see what happens, but I'd like to see what the chances of being burned are first. :P

Thanks in advance
          Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Working...
          X