X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect to the internet?

Hello community,
    I installed kubuntu yesterday, and I really like how customizable it is, i feel like a complete idiot, but how do you connect to the internet with it?
    I have a usb760 modem, and can connect to the internet with ubuntu.

Thanks for your replies, if you need more info just ask

Re: How to connect to the internet?

I see that there have been quite a few threads about this issue just searching on the internet.

Here's some reading:
    How To: Mobile Broadband Connections
    Verizon Novatel 760 Modem
    Any help?

If you are still having trouble, we need more information. What version of Kubuntu are you using? What are your machine specs? Is the device recognized at all when plugged in?
    Code:
    lsusb
    when it's plugged in should tell you if it's recognized.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

If it works in Ubuntu, the easiest (though not most elegant) way would be to install network-manager-gnome, after a reboot this should fire up the Ubuntu standard network management in the system tray.

Only drawback is that you'll need a network connection to do this, but maybe you can plug the machine into a cable LAN, temporarily ...
      "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." - Mitch Ratcliffe

Comment

Well after about 3 days of trying to get to connect, right out of the blue it disides to do it automatically...
        Thanks for the responses anyways

Comment

Working...
        X