X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox in Kubuntu 10.10

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get Dropbox v1.0.20 working under Kubuntu 10.10...everything used to work perfectly in Ubuntu 10.10. I used a few guides to get it installed without the Gnome dependencies, and get a symlink in the Autostart folder so it would load on bootup. I have it linked to my account, and it downloaded everything from the Dropbox servers to my computer. My problem, however, is whenever I place a file in the folder, it doesn't upload to their servers. This is something it did in Ubuntu, and does on my Windows installations. I've looked through the preferences menu, and can't find an option that would only sync via download, but not upload.

Could this be because I changed the location for my Dropbox folder? (to a shared folder on my Windows partition)
    Could it be because I don't have something that got installed for Gnome under Ubuntu?

I'm stumped right now, but Dropbox is an essential app for me. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Dropbox in Kubuntu 10.10

Firewall?

On Arch I've got 1.0.20-2 and it works just fine:

Code:
    toad@archtop 505\6 ~ > pacman -Q|grep dropbox
    dropbox 1.0.20-2
    Otherwise I'd deinstall, install the nautilus version and see whether that works.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I installed GUFW, and it's only set to block incoming connections, and nothing outgoing. I don't think that would be the problem since Dropbox can obviously "phone home" to download all my files, but I'll disable and see.

I really didn't want to install all the nautilus bloat since it isn't needed by any other applications, but I guess I will if I have to...

Comment

Well, only for testing purposes. There is nothing stopping you deinstalling it again afterwards
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I'm not sure if I had something set wrong, but after running Kfilebox found in this thread...
          http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3115036.0

...it's working properly, so I'll just go with that. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Try KFilebox (http://kdropbox.deuteros.es/), working fine for me
            "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." - Mitch Ratcliffe

Comment

Working...
            X