Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to extract with 7z.?? or is corrupted?(Solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to extract with 7z.?? or is corrupted?(Solved)

Hey guys whats up...lately im always at newbie support even though im here for 4 years...but whatever.....

So this is the proble I just downloaded an Anime Movie of TRIGUN wich I like, either way, the problem is that all files are in 7z (not exactly the problem) the real problem is how when I downloaded the files via torrent where named.

They where named:
    Name@Name-Satellite-A665:~/Name$ ls
    [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.001 (650MB)
    [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.002 (650MB)
    [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.003 (650MB)
    [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.004 (650MB)
    [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.005 (650MB)

Name@Name-Satellite-A665:~/Namel$
    So it's funny how instead of putting the 001...00* in the end of the name they put it after the extension...but the funny thing is that only the first file 001 is recognized as a 7z file..and more funny is when I type in bash

[quoteName@Name-Satellite-A665:~Name$ 7z e [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.001 [/quote]

And a file video mkv of 3.2gigs appears after half hour decompressing..so the problem comes here...I cant play that video I decompressed, is not mkv format cause I played that file other times with dragon player...I want to know if any of the steps taken to decompress are wrong!!?!? or if not...is the file that might be corrupted hope not...

Should I rename the files to put the parts before extension as I did before with rar files??

Thanks, Kira.
    Last edited by kiraitachi; Jul 20, 2014, 06:38 AM.

Re: How to extract with 7z.?? or is corrupted?

Have you tried doing this in a graphical environment using Ark? I've had the issue with *.rar files where there are 50 different rar files and only one plays. Usually it helps me to understand what's going on with these compressed files (from locations unknown via torrent) to open it up in Ark.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

You need to join that splitted files first :P:
      Code:
      lxsplit -j [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.001
      ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuku
        You need to join that splitted files first :P:
        Code:
        lxsplit -j [BB] Gekijouban TRIGUN Badlands Rumble [BDrip 720p].7z.001
        Thats what I thought too but wasn't very sure since the file extracted was already 3.2 gigs.

Originally posted by rfakhrai
        Have you tried doing this in a graphical environment using Ark? I've had the issue with *.rar files where there are 50 different rar files and only one plays. Usually it helps me to understand what's going on with these compressed files (from locations unknown via torrent) to open it up in Ark.
        Will try right now but I think is going to have the same output..

Comment

Re: How to extract with 7z.?? or is corrupted?(Solved)

OK so I fixed it already...it wasnt a problem of extraction...it was the mkv file..cause I exctracted the file and then copied to my windows 7 partition and it worked fine lol...

Funny since I can play other mkv files...:/

Whatever..thanks anyways^^

Comment

Working...
          X