Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curiosity...Whats the difference??(Firefox)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curiosity...Whats the difference??(Firefox)

Hey guys, im running right now Ubuntu 4.0 beta pre12 and well it's not that bad...either way I found a couple o packages in the repository that came installed with when I did the fresh Install of Kubuntu:

Firefox-kde-support

Kubuntu-Firefox-Installer

And I was guessing...does the firefox-kde-support work with the firefox beta pre 12?? or only with the kubuntu-firefox-Installer??(Kubuntu-firefox-installer installs Namoroko, which I don't understand the difference between firefox 3.6 and namoroko).

Please throw some light over here to get to know a bit more firefox...I read that namoroko is the successor of shiretoko which I remembered I used when I firts Installed kubuntu 9.04 long time ago...But back then I was a noob at linux and supposed that Firefox for kubuntu was called shiretoko lol.

Well any suggestions help advice and throw some info would be great ^^.Thanks

Cheers Kira.

Re: Curiosity...Whats the difference??(Firefox)

It sounds like you have added the mozilla-nightly PPA to your system. Namoroko is the codename of testing versions of the 3.6 series of firefox. Testing versions of the current stable branch. The PPA adds this as well as the 4.0 pre-releases. All the firefox-installer is doing is calling the install of 'firefox', and because of the PPA, it is installing namoroko as that is the newest version apt finds for the 3.6 series

I can't remember if firefox-kde-support works for 4.0 in Maverick; it does in Natty, but 4.0 is standard there. I think it did not work, but I cannot remember for sure as I kinda remember seeing gtk file picker dialogs instead of the kde ones that firefox-kde-support provides. But I could be wrong, or it possibly may work in later versions.

Comment

Yes I added the ppa ^^ wanted to test a bit firefox 4.0.

Well thanks claydoh 4 the info, that was helpfull enough!!

Cheer,Kira

Comment

FF 4.0 from the ppa is known as "minefield".

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
          FF 4.0 from the ppa is known as "minefield".
          Yeah I know I use it all the time ^^

Comment

Working...
          X