X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

synaptic/adept fails to update

I get messages saying:
    > E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    > E: not locked

i tried to run dpkg and it didn't work :\

Re: synaptic/adept fails to update

Please define "didn't work". Did you get an error message? If so, please provide the exact wording. Did dpkg --configure -a seem to work fine, but then (at the end) it told you that you had broken packages? Please tell us what happened so we can help you. By the way, are you using Adept or Synaptic?

Comment

the dpkg command didn't output anything, no error message or anything of the sort.

i then retryied both synaptic and adept and they both gave me the same message.

I'm plannig to re-install the system, since It's still in early stages, with no information or backups necessary.

Comment

It's almost never neccesary to reinstall a modern Linux distribution. I'd rerun "sudo dpkg --configure -a".then I'd run "sudo apt-get check". At the very least, you might learn which package is causing the problem.

Comment

thanks for the info, seems there was a syntax error with /var/lib/dpkg/status

Comment

Working...
          X