X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kb install on old formatted W32 laptop?

Newbe question.

I downloaded Kb6.06 but where do I find the instructions how to install this on a totaly empty (old windows) laptop with a formatted harddisk? I know how to install a exe but this is something els I think so if i put the cd in the cdrom how do I get it to install Kb?

Laptop Toshiba 440cdt
    Pentium 1-150mHz, 64mb

Re: Kb install on old formatted W32 laptop?

Similar issue here

Old Celleron 850 with 256 Megs Ram. Running Win98 right now. Finally coming over to the Penguin (If I can).

Comment

After some reading I have the Kubuntu install running. Don't know how it ends but will keep a log how to proceed. Will publish if Laptop runs on Kb

Comment

Hello morpurgo.nlm

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums.

64 Mb of Ram is not really enough to run Kubuntu.

(K)Ubuntu requires 256 megabytes of RAM, and, when installed to the hard disk, needs 3 gigabytes of hard disk space.

Can you increase the amount of Ram?

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I just wanted to add that there are Linux distributions that are specifically designed for older, less powerful machines. I have no experience wiith them, but I have heard good things about both "Damn Small Linux" and "Puppy Linux".

Comment

@arochester: I noticed

@askrieger: great thanks for the tip The one I will need is Damn Small Linux

Comment

Working...
            X