Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I'm trying to get BackupPC running and I'm getting this error.

I'd even be partial to getting rid of the BackupPC files and starting over - how do I do that?

Re: E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Originally posted by hagar
    I'm trying to get BackupPC running and I'm getting this error.

I'd even be partial to getting rid of the BackupPC files and starting over - how do I do that?
    do you get any errors running
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    and if so post them.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

No errors on either one of those.

Comment

What version of Kubuntu are you using, and what version of KDE? Did you install backuppc from the package manager?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 server with the latest KDE desktop (4.5.1). I initially used the package manager, but had major problems (may have been a corrupted download as we had a power spike at the same time). The version I'm trying to get running was downloaded from Sourceforge.

Personally, if this looks like being a major issue, then I'd rather clean it all out and start again.

When I googled the above error message, there were a number of references to updating util_linux? Haven't done that yet and probably would need help to do so.

I'm trying to build a Home Server and using Linux instead of just going and buying Windows Server. The Clients are a couple of Windows 7 Desktops and a couple of Windows 7 & XP laptops

Comment

Working...
          X