Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

was trying to install an app and the machine froze up so i pressed the reset button...
    when trying to re-do the install i get that message...
    tried running "dpkg --configure -a" in cmd but nothing happened...
    can anyone help me out here?
    many thanks

Re: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

Put sudo first, so it reads
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

hmmm... ok, i'm attempting to switch over from winblows... so i'm not seeing what i am accostomed to here.
      i hit "run command" and entered "sudo dpkg --configure -a"
      a little dropdown appears which i click on, then it just disappears...

Comment

ok, tried running the same command in konsole. here's what it looked like:

mij@frodo:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a
        [sudo] password for mij:

i tried to enter my password but nothing appears when i type.
        this part (sudo dpkg --configure -a) i was able to paste in place, but no response to keyboard

Comment

You're password doesn't display when you type it. Just type it, ensuring you have the case correct (Linux is case sensitive) and press enter.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ahhhh. many thanks!
            all fixed!

Comment

Working...
            X