This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayOnLinux and Star Wars Battlefront

I'm trying to get this working on my Maverick install. I can install the game, but it continually asks me for CD1. I've tried finding a NoCD solution, but no go. This is a LEGALLY obtained(Purchased) item and not ripped off. Just trying to get my game on with Kubuntu.

Anyone ever have any luck?

Re: PlayOnLinux and Star Wars Battlefront

I'm assuming you are attempting this in Wine? See: PlayonLinux - Star Wars : Battlefront
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

yup... But PlayOnLinux uses a seperate wineprefix other than the default 'wine'

Comment

check your settings in 'winecfg' to be sure that your cd drive is a set to a drive that "windows" can see. if its not add it as a drive and to be safe make it what ever letter drive you installed the game from (D: , or E: usually). if that does not work you might want to see how the disk gets labeled when in a windows machine and apply the label to "drive". if it needs special settings you can make an iso and mount it to a location then map that as the drive . it will take some harddrive space but will keep the mount point the same. good luck
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X