Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

''save image as'' is not working (firefox 3.6.13)(SOlved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''save image as'' is not working (firefox 3.6.13)(SOlved)

It didnt work for all this time i've been using kubuntu and always found my workaround to download them by image info and then the image save as...but...

Plz i want a fix for this already!! XD

I just press save image as and nothing appears no box directory appears lol.

Any fix for this?? thanks.

Re: ''save image as'' is not working (firefox 3.6.13)

Well, Firefox 3.6.13 here (Maverick Meerkat and KDE 4.6.00), when I right-click on an image and select Save as... works just fine.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

hear as well......Firefox 3.6.13 here (10.04 and KDE 4.5.3)

rite click your sig.....click save as......file box opens ...click save ...download box pops up .....go to ware the file box sead it was putting the file.

and vinny@desktop:~/Documents$ thump_5258098sig4.png

theirs your sig

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Try logging out then back in. If that doesn't work try restarting. rebooting fixed this issue for me.

Comment

Got the same as Snowhog kde 4.6 and firefox 3.6...but when doing that wont get any box just if i do a View Image Info and then a Save image as.

LOl...try rebooting and everything but the issue happens to me since i Installed kubuntu 9.04 in my old days..so I thought it was a common bug that was waiting to get fixed..lol

Comment

So it was fixed after rebooting?

Comment

haah yes, but it comes and goes...Today is working, tomorrow might not, either way I guess it's because Bleachbit for kde is HELL BUGGIE and makes to crash kwin, kmix and lots of other stuff...and It may affect that option on Firefox :/ Thanks guys, Ill say its solved ^^

Comment

Re: ''save image as'' is not working (firefox 3.6.13)(SOlved)

you can also log out, then back in to fix this or so this worked for me. I find this happens when I am running flash, looking at google maps and downloading a lot of stuff. lol not sure why this happens but oh well...

Comment

You can also work around the problem by using "copy", "paste" by right clicking on the image.

Comment

Just FYI, you can drag and drop the image onto your desktop and select copy. It works the same as "save as" in your browser. I have had this bug twice since upgrading to 4.6. Restarting firefox always fixes it.
                    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

Hey thanks guys for those tips didn't thought of them lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X